Friday, May 18, 2012

FIVE RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE

1.   Money cannot buy happiness, but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.
 

2.   Forgive your enemy, but remember the idiot's name.
 

3.   If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
 

4.   Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.
 

5.   Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.
 

THERE YOU HAVE IT … and remember, life is good!

**********************************************

Morning Pic Dump










 ************************************************

Birthdays on May 18th
 1970 - Tina Fey
1946 - Reggie Jackson
1897 - Frank Capra
1883 - Walter Gropius
1872 - Bertrand Russell

*************************************************

Todays Pic Dump









*********************************************
\Blast from the Past
R.I,P
Donna Summer
 


***********************************************
Afternoon Randomness










**********************************************
Todays Quote
Birthday Boy'George Strait



Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys are simply the best band that ever was.
George Strait



Country music is important to me, and I love it, but it's not my whole life.
George Strait


Even though I've been doing it for so long, I still feel fresh. Even when I walk out on stage, I still feel pretty much the same as I've always felt.
George Strait


I always enjoy it when I walk on stage. There were some times when I was working so much in the '80s, and I felt really burnt-out. But I'd be up there singing and not be 10,000 million miles away, you know, just opening my mouth and the words coming out.
George Strait


I can only say thank you and thanks also to all of the great songwriters who wrote those wonderful songs that became number ones.
George Strait


I didn't want to be 40 or 50 years old and still playing clubs, I didn't feel like I was making any progress, and I actually gave the band notice at one point. I began to have doubts about my abilities.
George Strait


I discovered in college that country music could be fun adding some swing to it.
George Strait


I don't think my music's as traditional as people make it out.
George Strait


I get asked sometimes 'What's the highlight of my career?' because I've been doing it for so long, and I always have a hard time coming up with something, because so many good things have happened.
George Strait


I just continue to look for different material, great material, as good as I can find, and try to go in there and do as good a job as I can do in making it a record. That's all you can expect. That's all that you can do.
George Strait


I like people who are loyal to me, and I like to be loyal, too.
George Strait


I listen to Mark Chestnutt and think he's a great singer - and he really does good material.
George Strait

I love the song 'El Rey.' And for years, I never knew what the song was totally about. It was something new for me. I'd never sung a song in Spanish before. Then I got the translation and saw what a really cool song it was.
George Strait


I loved making Pure Country. It was a great learning experience for me, seeing another part of the entertainment industry.
George Strait


I think 'Beyond the Blue Neon' is the best I've ever done.
George Strait


I think that all my albums are different enough where I don't feel like I did this the last time.
George Strait


I think the melody is the first time I hear in a song and if I like the melody, then I'll pay closer attention to the lyrics.
George Strait


I've always liked Frank Sinata and Big Band music.
George Strait


If it's a good song and it fits me, that's what I'm going to do, I'm not out there trying to change the world. I'm just out there trying to sing country music the best way I can.
George Strait


If twang isn't what I do, I don't know what is.
George Strait











All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment