Monday, July 9, 2012

The Coat Hanger

A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her small daughter
was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to
get some medication. She got back to her car and found that she had locked
her keys in the car.

She didn't know what to do, so she called home and told the baby sitter what
had happened. The baby sitter told her that the fever was getting worse. She
said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door."

The woman looked around and saw an old rusty coat hanger that had been left
on the ground, possibly by someone else who at some time had locked their
keys in their car. She looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to
use this." She bowed her head and asked God to send her help.

Within five minutes a beat up old motor cycle pulled up, with a dirty,
greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head.

The woman thought, "Is this what you sent to help me God?" But, she was
desperate, so she was also very thankful.

The man got off of his cycle and asked if he could help. She said, "Yes, my
daughter is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my
keys in my car. I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to
unlock my car?"

He said, "Sure." He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the
car was opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said,

"Thank You So Much! You are a very nice man."

The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison today.
I was in prison for car theft and have only been out less than a day."

The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud, "Oh,
thank you God! You even sent me a Professional!"

Is GOD GOOD - or What?
funny gifs looks like someone has a case of the mondays Daily Afternoon Randomness (50 Photos)

*************************************************

Morning Pic Dump







Taste the Rainbow



************************************************
Todays Birthdays
***********************************************

Todays Pic Dump












************************************************
Blast from the Past



**********************************************

After noon Funnies












***********************************************
Todays Quote
Birthday Boy 
Tom Hanks



And I'm not apolitical - I'm very specific in my politics. But a lot of the time it's nobody's business unless you're over at my house having dinner.
Tom Hanks

As long as you as an individual... can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic, you can be described as 'one of the faithful,' one of those people who can say, 'Well, look, something's going to happen! Let's just keep trying. Let's not give up.
Tom Hanks

At the end of the day it's got to be a good movie, it's got to be a funny movie, and it's got to make people think, 'Hey, I couldn't have spent my time any better.'
Tom Hanks

But look, I was born in 1956, the peak year for births in US history. I think I'm very representative of many of the thought processes my generation have been through and, by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time.
Tom Hanks

E-mail is far more convenient than the telephone, as far as I'm concerned. I would throw my phone away if I could get away with it.
Tom Hanks

From now on we live in a world where man has walked on the Moon. It's not a miracle; we just decided to go.
Tom Hanks

Growing up in northern California has had a big influence on my love and respect for the outdoors. When I lived in Oakland, we would think nothing of driving to Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz one day and then driving to the foothills of the Sierras the next day.
Tom Hanks

I love what I do for a living, it's the greatest job in the world, but you have to survive an awful lot of attention that you don't truly deserve and you have to live up to your professional responsibilities and I'm always trying to balance that with what is really important.
Tom Hanks

I must say that I do wrestle with the amount of money I make, but at the end of the day what am I gonna say? I took less money so Rupert Murdoch could have more?
Tom Hanks

I understand the concept of optimism. But I think with me what you get is a lack of cynicism.
Tom Hanks


I will entertain anything; it doesn't matter. You know, it's not obviously about the price, it's not about who, it's kind of about when and what. It's material, that's all.
Tom Hanks

I would not want to live in a country that would have me as a leader in any sort of political bent.
Tom Hanks

I'm not interested in doing something edgy with a capital E just so everyone knows, 'Oh, OK, now he's showing us he can do edgy.'
Tom Hanks

I've made over 20 movies, and 5 of them are good.
Tom Hanks

If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great.
Tom Hanks

If you have to have a job in this world, a high-priced movie star is a pretty good gig.
Tom Hanks

It's always a combination of physics and poetry that I find inspiring. It's hard to wrap your head around things like the Hubble scope.
Tom Hanks

It's just as hard... staying happily married as it is doing movies.
Tom Hanks

Larry Crowne is about as bummed out a human being as one can be when he loses his job. What he is able to enjoy is something that may not be available to everybody. But it's about the value of being willing to get and willing to give good advice.
Tom Hanks

May you live as long as you want and not want as long as you live.
************************************************
Left Overs





  

All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment