Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Curtis and Leroy

Curtis & Leroy saw an ad in the Starkville Daily in Starkville, MS. and
bought a mule for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have
some bad
news, the mule died last night."
Curtis &Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."
The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"
Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"
Leroy said, "We shore can! Heck, we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"
A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis &Leroy at the Piggly
Wiggly grocery store and asked.
What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"
They said, "We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do.."
Leroy said, "Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a
profit of $898."
The farmer said, "My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"
Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two
dollars back."
Curtis and Leroy now work for the government.
They're overseeing the Bailout Program.



**********************************************
Morning Pic Dump












**********************************************

Birthdays on July 3rd
**********************************************

Todays Pic Dump




  



***********************************************
Blast from the Past

  


*******************************************
This Day History

 
Lead Story
    Battle of Gettysburg ends, 1863
American Revolution
    Washington takes command of Continental Army, 1775
Automotive
    "Back to the Future" released, features 1981 DeLorean DMC-12, 1985
Civil War
    Pickett leads his infamous charge at Gettysburg, 1863
Cold War
    Khrushchev consolidates his power, 1957
Crime
    A mother is arrested and accused of killing her four children, 1989
Disaster
    Charter jet crashes mysteriously, 1970
General Interest
    Washington assumes command, 1775
    U.S. warship downs Iranian passenger jet, 1988
Hollywood
    Tom Cruise born, 1962
Literary
    M.F.K. Fisher is born, 1908
Music
    Brian Jones and Jim Morrison die, two years apart to the day, 1969
Old West
    Idaho becomes 43rd state, 1890
Presidential
    Eisenhower initiates federal flood-control program, 1958
Sports
    Mike Marshall relieves Tommy John to pitch in 13th consecutive game, 1974
Vietnam War
    U.S. command announces new high in casualties, 1968
World War I
    Mohammed V, sultan of Turkey, dies, 1918
World War II
    Operation Catapult is launched, 1940

*********************************************
Afternoon Funnies




 




***********************************************
Todays Quote
Birthday Boy
( and part of the Divorced club)
Tom Cruise

As a young actor, people were trying to define who I was before I really knew that for myself. But I still remember thinking, "This is what I love doing, and I hope I'm going to be able to do it forever."
Tom Cruise

Awards are wonderful. I've been nominated many times and I've won many awards. But my journey is not towards that. If it happens it will be a blast. If it doesn't, it's still been a blast.
Tom Cruise

Do I make mistakes? Yeah.
Tom Cruise

Every single time I start to do a picture, without fail, I feel as if I don't know what I'm doing.
Tom Cruise

Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?
Tom Cruise

Here's how I've lived my life: I've never been late to a set. I make films I believe in. I feel privileged to be able to do what I love.
Tom Cruise


I always look for a challenge and something that's different.
Tom Cruise

I didn't become an actor to have power, but it just happens that I have it and so I have a lot of opportunities.
Tom Cruise

I disagree with people who think you learn more from getting beat up than you do from winning.
Tom Cruise

I don't care who you are, life has challenges.
Tom Cruise

I go without sleep, I just go hard.
Tom Cruise

I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it's a search for how I can do things better, whether it's being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve.
Tom Cruise


I like to work with people that I like hanging out with, that I admire, that are really smart and talented, and we can problem solve together.
Tom Cruise

I look at the Samurai because they were the artists of their time. What I think struck me when I read Bushido is compassion. 'If there's no one there to help, go out and find someone to help.' That hit me, because I try to lead my life like that.
Tom Cruise

I love kids. I was a kid myself, once.
Tom Cruise

I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can't do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I'm going to do something, I go all the way.
Tom Cruise

I want a world without war, a world without insanity. I want to see people do well. I don't even think it's as much as what I want for myself. It's more what I want for the people around me. That's what I want.
Tom Cruise

I would live with all of my sisters if I could. We've always been very close, my sisters and me.
Tom Cruise

I'm a romantic.
Tom Cruise

I'm always around my mother and sisters. I always wanted to be a father, a husband.
Tom Cruise



**********************************************
Leftovers











All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment