Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A 5-Year-Old's First Job




A young family moved into their new home, which was next to a vacant lot. One day, a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old son naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more or less, adopted him as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with him, let him sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks and gave him little jobs to do here and there to make him feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented him with a pay envelope containing $10. The little boy took this home to his mother who suggested that he take his "pay" to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When the boy and his mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little boy how he had come by his very own pay check at such a young age. The little boy proudly replied, "I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us."

"Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little boy replied, "I will, if those ***holes at Lowe's ever deliver the damn sheet rock."


soccer_penalty_kick.gif

*************************************************

Morning Pic Dump










*********************************************

Birthdays on August 8th

**********************************************

Todays Pic Dump









 
********************************************

Blast from the Past


************************************************

Afternoon Funnies














*********************************************

Todays Quote

Birthday Girl
Deborah Norville



Grateful people may recover faster from trauma.
Deborah Norville

I now find magic in the mundane. I'm also more creative - better able to look beyond the obvious and come up with new story angles.
Deborah Norville

I sensed that my life was better when I focused on things that were working as opposed to focusing on the long list that goes wrong, but I wanted to know if there was any validity to that.
Deborah Norville

I think our job as parents is to give our kids roots to grow and wings to fly.
Deborah Norville

I want my kids to be curious, to be interested in a lot of things, to be confident, and to feel they belong in any number of situations.
Deborah Norville

I'm about as straight an arrow as you'll find out there.
Deborah Norville

I've been blessed, acne never knocked on my door. I think I look pretty darn good.
Deborah Norville

If I have time to exercise, I do it, but I don't fixate on numbers like weight or waist size. Numbers don't work for me.
Deborah Norville

It is important for women to know who they are, and to know what makes their hearts sing.
Deborah Norville

So many self-help ideas are like meringue - you take a big bite, and there's nothing there.
Deborah Norville


'Thank you power' is writing down the moments that are good in your life so that you can go back and reflect on them - so you've got this sort of repository of good stuff in your past.
Deborah Norville

The biggest surprise, which is also the best, is that I didn't know I would love motherhood as much as I do.
Deborah Norville

There is a comfort in rituals, and rituals provide a framework for stability when you are trying to find answers.
Deborah Norville

There is no dramatic difference in happiness on the part of people who are wealthy.
Deborah Norville

There is something in even the darkest situations that we can make a positive in our lives.
Deborah Norville


 
 


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com


1 comment: