Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Amazing Facts




Smile for the day --Amazing Facts--
If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

(Hardly seems worth it.)





If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

(Now that's more like it!)





The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out of the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

(O.M.G.!)






A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)




Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Don't try this at home; maybe at work.)






The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.



The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.

(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)





Some lions mate over 50 times a day.


Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Something I always wanted to know.)





The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

(Hmmmmmm.......)





Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)





Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.

(Okay, so that would be a good thing.)





A cat's urine glows under a black light.

(I wonder how much the government paid to figure that out.)





An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that.)





Starfish have no brains.

(I know some people like that, too.)





Polar bears are left-handed.

(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)





Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.


Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread these crazy facts and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to, maybe even a chuckle.

juliasegal:

My life.

You had one job Phil!


***********************************************

Morning Pic Dump








 ************************************************

Birthdays on August 14th
1968 - Halle Berry
1950 - Gary Larson
1947 - Danielle Steel
1945 - Steve Martin
1945 - Wim Wenders


*********************************************

Todays Pic Dump











************************************************

Blast from the Past


***********************************************

Afternoon Funnies












********************************************

Todays Quote
Birthday Boy
Tim Tebow
 
And so I look at it as a relationship that I have with him that I want to give him the honor and glory anytime I have the opportunity. And then right after I give him the honor and glory, I always try to give my teammates the honor and glory. And that's how it works because Christ comes first in my life, and then my family, and then my teammates.
Tim Tebow

And that's the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith, is you're trying to get better every day. You're trying to improve.
Tim Tebow

But - but the greatest way to witness is by walking that straight and narrow and also realizing that you're going to mess up. That's what grace is for. We're going to fall, but we've got to get back up. And you've got to improve. And that's what I'm all about.
Tim Tebow

I am not better than anyone else just because I play football.
Tim Tebow

I don't try to focus on anything that doesn't affect me personally and how I go out there every single day. I'm just going to continue to work hard and focus on what I can control.
Tim Tebow

I grabbed my mom and I went to the couch and I said, 'Mom I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.' And I got on my knee and I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, and make me a child of God.
Tim Tebow

I guess, first and foremost, I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Tim Tebow

I have so many things to work on, and so many ways that I fail. But that's what grace is all about. and I constantly wake up every morning trying to get better, trying to improve, trying to walk closer to God.
Tim Tebow

I will continue to work as hard as I can to make this organization proud. Every time I step on the field I will give everything I have and I will leave everything I have on the field every single Sunday.
Tim Tebow

If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity? And that's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life.
Tim Tebow

It was huge to read the Proverbs of the day every morning, it was huge to read the Psalm of the day every morning and to get that in us and get us going before the day even started.
Tim Tebow

It's OK to be outspoken about your faith.
Tim Tebow

On the field I'm trying to play for the glory of God but then also I'm trying to give everything I have and win and compete. And so I think more than just winning or losing, I think He cares about where our hearts are when we're playing.
Tim Tebow

So much of how we act and what we do is based on humility or pride - that's everything. And when you can humble yourself, you know, we are more like Christ when we can humble ourselves.
Tim Tebow

To be able to influence someone or to be able to have a group of guys come together to have a successful team and to be together all the time every day for, you know, a year and longer together, you have to have a - find a common ground. And that common ground for us is football.
Tim Tebow

We have to humble ourselves and the way you do that is by serving other people.
Tim Tebow

You just try to be nice to everybody and treat them all the same. Treat them how you would want to be treated.
Tim Tebow

You know, I think He honestly does care about how we play on the field, more than anything more than win or lose our hearts on the field.
Tim Tebow

All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment