Tuesday, August 28, 2012

retired people

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
Well, for example, the other day, my wife and I went into town and went into a shop.

We were only in there for about 5 minutes. 

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?' He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.. I called him a Dumb ass. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So Mary called him a jerk. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. 

The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Just then our bus arrived and we got on it and went home.


We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

Breaking Bones by Darius Twin[flickr:via]

**************************************************************************

 Morning Pic Dump













*************************************************

Birthdays on August 28th

**************************************************

Todays Pic Dump













*************************************************

Blast from the Past



********************************************
Afternoon Funnies









***********************************************

Todays Quote
 Birthday Boy
David Soul

I believe that a parent's role is to provide a path or opportunity for their children.
David Soul

Nobody teaches you to be a father. Nobody teaches you to be a husband. Nobody teaches you how to be a star. You have to learn to work with the tools.
David Soul

Once in a while I'll get moved to do some exercise. It's something I long for but the biggest problem is bending down and putting my tennis shoes on. Once I go out I'm OK.
David Soul

I like to eat and I love the diversity of foods.
David Soul

A job is a very healthy thing to do.
David Soul

It's only when gravity starts to take over you begin to think about your body.
David Soul

I was born into a family of preachers.
David Soul

My father was my main influence. He was a preacher, but he was also a history and political science teacher, and since he was my hero, I wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a teacher.
David Soul

People thought me a bit strange at first; a blond haired, blue-eyed Norwegian who sang Mexican folk songs, but I used it to my advantage and got a job. And so the music became my ticket to education.
David Soul

At only 20 years old I got married. I was still a kid myself, but in those times, if you got someone pregnant, you had no choice but to get married. So I left school and the only thing I could do was sing.
David Soul

Music always came first. I never set out to be an actor.
David Soul

I went into acting because I had to make a good living. I had a child now and I had to support him any way I could... I wasn't happy, but I wasn't unhappy. I was just doing what I had to do to survive.
David Soul

Paul and I were both struggling actors. One night he would serve me in a restaurant, and the next night I would serve him. It was what out of work actors did.
David Soul

Being on the move all the time is draining, but the rewards make up for it.
David Soul

I was an accidental actor. I was never formally trained.
David Soul

It's important to move the theatre into the 21st Century.
David Soul

The most important thing is story-telling. It's as singular and old-fashioned as that.
David Soul

I was never jailed. The fact is that I was arrested, but I went into a diversion programme, and by that time I'd already begun working in what was called anger management. It was a painful and awful moment.
David Soul

To deal with the stark reality of having hit or hurt a woman or child, to deal with the initial responsibility you have not to do that and the knowledge you did do it, can be incredibly hard.
David Soul

One of my beliefs is that there are certain institutions within a community which stand for the spirit and heart of that community, there's the church, the local football team, the local pub and the theatre.
David Soul




************************************************


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment