Monday, March 19, 2012

HEAVENLY REWARDS


A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates.
Ahead of him is a guy who`s dressed in sunglasses, a loud
shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.
Saint Peter addresses this guy, "Who are you, so that I may
know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"
The guy replies, "I`m Joe Cohen, taxi-driver, of Noo Yawk City."
Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the taxi-driver,
"Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
The taxi-driver goes into Heaven with his robe and staff, and it`s the minister`s turn.
He stands erect and booms out,
"I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary`s for the last forty-three years."
Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the minister,
"Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
"Just a minute," says the minister. "That man was a taxi-driver,
and he gets a silken robe and golden staff. How can this be?"
"Up here, we work by results," says Saint Peter.
"While you preached, people slept; while he drove, people prayed."




**************************************************
St. Patty's Day Leftovers



**************************************************
Birthdays on March 19th
****************************************************
Morning Pic Dump















************************************************************
Blast from the Past




****************************************************

Todays Pic Dump





****************************************************
Todays Quote
Birthday Girl 
Glenn Close


Acting, to me, is about the incredible adventure of examining the landscape of human heart and soul. That's basically what we do.
Glenn Close

As an actor, I go where the good writing is. That's the bottom line.
Glenn Close

Bunny boiler is now part of our language, and I'm proud of that.
Glenn Close

Celebrity is death - celebrity - that's the worst thing that can happen to an actor.
Glenn Close

Diva has a negative connotation.
Glenn Close

Good roles are hard to find no matter what age.
Glenn Close

I am extremely shy. I am not happy in crowds of people.
Glenn Close

I don't like public venues. I never know what to wear.
Glenn Close

I don't think the tabloids find me very interesting.
Glenn Close

I get bored talking about myself, but I can talk about the work.
Glenn Close

I had a dresser who literally squeezed me in like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind.
Glenn Close

I had a great time on The Shield. From working on it I have a totally different view of law enforcement.
Glenn Close

I knew the term Stepford Wife, and I knew what that meant. I never read the book, and I think before I started filming I watched the movie. I thought it was very dated.
Glenn Close

I never got into this business thinking I'd be like a movie star.
Glenn Close

I think the diva is kind of a cliche. My definition of a diva is somebody whose talent does not match what they're trying to play, so all this temperament comes out.
Glenn Close

I think there are certain actors that have that kind of energy about them, that taking over a room energy.
Glenn Close

I'm an actor, that's my contribution.
Glenn Close

I've been sacrificing my life for my work for 30 years, and now I want it the other way around. I want to find work that fits into my life and that would be based here.
Glenn Close

Ismail Merchant was just the most seductive, passionate, outrageous, driven, genius of a man.
Glenn Close

It always amazes me to think that every house on every street is full of so many stories; so many triumphs and tragedies, and all we see are yards and driveways.
Glenn Close


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment