Thursday, March 15, 2012

A True Irishman


A true Irishman considers a bore to be someone who keeps constantly interrupting.

A true Irishman considers anyone who won't come around to his point of view to be hopelessly stubborn.

(Aha! Now I know where I got that trait!)

A true Irishman has so much respect for the truth that he uses it only in emergencies.

_______________________________________________________________________________

 
Limericks

Epitaph on a tombstone somewhere in Pennsylvania:


Here lies the body
of Jonathan Blake,
Stepped on the gas
instead of the brake.

Another epitaph in a cemetery in Thurmont, Maryland:

Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.
********************************************************************************

Morning Pic Dump
 






*****************************************************



******************************************************
Birthdays on March 15


*****************************************************
Todays Pic Dump














************************************************
Blast from the Past





***************************************************
Todays Quote
 Birthday Boy 
Andrew Jackson




All the rights secured to the citizens under the Constitution are worth nothing, and a mere bubble, except guaranteed to them by an independent and virtuous Judiciary.
Andrew Jackson

Americans are not a perfect people, but we are called to a perfect mission.
Andrew Jackson

Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error.
Andrew Jackson

As long as our government is administered for the good of the people, and is regulated by their will; as long as it secures to us the rights of persons and of property, liberty of conscience and of the press, it will be worth defending.
Andrew Jackson

Democracy shows not only its power in reforming governments, but in regenerating a race of men and this is the greatest blessing of free governments.
Andrew Jackson

Disunion by force is treason.
Andrew Jackson

Elevate those guns a little lower.
Andrew Jackson

Every diminution of the public burdens arising from taxation gives to individual enterprise increased power and furnishes to all the members of our happy confederacy new motives for patriotic affection and support.
Andrew Jackson

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and its conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.
Andrew Jackson

Fear not, the people may be deluded for a moment, but cannot be corrupted.
Andrew Jackson



Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I am a Senator against my wishes and feelings, which I regret more than any other of my life.
Andrew Jackson

I cannot consent that my mortal body shall be laid in a repository prepared for an Emperor or a King my republican feelings and principles forbid it the simplicity of our system of government forbids it.
Andrew Jackson

I feel in the depths of my soul that it is the highest, most sacred, and most irreversible part of my obligation to preserve the union of these states, although it may cost me my life.
Andrew Jackson

I have always been afraid of banks.
Andrew Jackson

I weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives, and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office.
Andrew Jackson

I would sincerely regret, and which never shall happen whilst I am in office, a military guard around the President.
Andrew Jackson

I've got big shoes to fill. This is my chance to do something. I have to seize the moment.
Andrew Jackson

If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
Andrew Jackson

In England the judges should have independence to protect the people against the crown. Here the judges should not be independent of the people, but be appointed for not more than seven years. The people would always re-elect the good judges.
Andrew Jackson


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment