Thursday, November 10, 2011

'Family Circus' Creator Bil Keane Dies at 89

The cartoonist, who's been entertaining comic strip fans since 1960, died Tuesday of congestive heart failure, according to his son.

Here is some of his work....






*******************************************************

A very depressed man

 There’s a man sitting at a bar just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half an hour. Then, a big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down.
The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, “Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I’ll buy you another drink. I just can’t stand seeing a man crying.”
“No, it’s not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I’m late to my office. My boss, in an outrage, fires me. When I leave the building to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police say they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away. I go home and when I get there, I find my wife sleeping with the gardener. I leave home and come to this bar. And when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison.
**********************************************************************************
Todays Pic Dump
























  *******************************************************

1977 - Brittany Murphy
1968 - Sammy Sosa
1964 - Kenny Rogers
1960 - Neil Gaiman
1935 - Roy Scheider


Blast from the Past





********************************************************************************
Some days nothing goes right
 
forgifs.com


forgifs.com

forgifs.com

forgifs.com


Todays Quote
Britttany Murphy
and birthday girl
I can play any instrument if you give me 20 minutes.
Brittany Murphy

I consider myself a character actor.
Brittany Murphy

I don't even take myself seriously, so how could I possibly take Hollywood seriously?
Brittany Murphy

I don't think Hollywood per se is supposed to be taken seriously, otherwise, dear Lord, that would be frightening.
Brittany Murphy

I find this life so interesting.
Brittany Murphy

I think they should take everyone who works for The National Enquirer and the Star, and everyone who works for Us Weekly, and put them all to work looking for terrorists. I think they would find the terrorists. All of them. It would be genius!
Brittany Murphy

I'd love to be a man for a day, just to see what it's like.
Brittany Murphy

I'm an actor. It's my job.
Brittany Murphy

I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people.
Brittany Murphy

If I could be a third of the woman that my mom is and have a third of the strength that she has, then I will have done good by this life.
Brittany Murphy


Sticking to your values, listening to your instincts, making your own choices is so important.
Brittany Murphy

The older I get, the more I embrace my own idiosyncrasies.
Brittany Murphy

Tired is not a word in my vocabulary.
Brittany Murphy

You actually can make it, no matter what. I truly am a firm believer in that. Eminem's living proof.
Brittany Murphy


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment