Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Signs that Technology has Taken Over Your Life

  1. Your stationery is more cluttered than Warren Beatty’s address book. The letterhead lists a fax number, e-mail addresses for two on-line services, and your Internet address, which spreads across the breadth of the letterhead and continues to the back. In essence, you have conceded that the first page of any letter you write *is* letterhead.
  2. You have never sat through an entire movie without having at least one device on your body beep or buzz.
  3. You need to fill out a form that must be typewritten, but you can’t because there isn’t one typewriter in your house — only computers with laser printers.
  4. You think of the gadgets in your office as “friends,” but you forget to send your father a birthday card.
  5. You disdain people who use low baud rates.
  6. When you go into a computer store, you eavesdrop on a salesperson talking with customers — and you butt in to correct him and spend the next twenty minutes answering the customers’ questions, while the salesperson stands by silently, nodding his head.
  7. You use the phrase “digital compression” in a conversation without thinking how strange your mouth feels when you say it.
  8. You constantly find yourself in groups of people to whom you say the phrase “digital compression.” Everyone understands what you mean, and you are not surprised or disappointed that you don’t have to explain it.
  9. You know Bill Gates’ e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number.
  10. You stop saying “phone number” and replace it with “voice number,” since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into contraptions that talk to other contraptions.
  11. You sign Christmas cards by putting :-) next to your signature.
  12. Off the top of your head, you can think of nineteen keystroke symbols that are far more clever than :-) .
  13. You back up your data every day.
  14. Your wife asks you to pick up some minipads for her at the store and you return with a rest for your mouse.
  15. You think jokes about being unable to program a VCR are stupid.


    bestnatesmithever:

Pong IRL


 *******************************************

Morning Pic dump









 ***********************************************

Birthdays on September 5th
1946 - Freddie Mercury
1942 - Werner Herzog
1940 - Raquel Welch
1929 - Bob Newhart
1921 - Jack Valenti


*************************************************

Todays Pic Dump



What they do in New Orleans after a hurricane is over




Horse Fly






*************************************************

Blast from the Past







    **********************************************

    Afternoon Funnies











    **********************************************

    Todays Quote

    Birthday Girl


    Food, love, career, and mothers, the four major guilt groups.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Defy your own group. Rebel against yourself.
    Cathy Guisewite

    I'm married, which means that instead of occasionally wondering about men from afar, I actually live with one and can be constantly astounded by the strange male brain.
    Cathy Guisewite

    The biggest change in my life is that I now have to apologize for being thin.
    Cathy Guisewite

    All parents believe their children can do the impossible. They thought it the minute we were born, and no matter how hard we've tried to prove them wrong, they all think it about us now. And the really annoying thing is, they're probably right.
    Cathy Guisewite

    I never thought Cathy would get married in the comic strip. And I also thought I would never get married.
    Cathy Guisewite

    My mother had always taught me to write about my feelings instead of sharing really personal things with others, so I spent many evenings writing in my diary, eating everything in the kitchen and waiting for Mr. Wrong to call.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Imagine my surprise when, after a lifetime of teaching me to keep personal things to myself, Mom insisted my drawings were the start of a comic strip for millions of people to enjoy.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Cathy was the first widely syndicated humor strip created by a woman. The strip was pretty revolutionary at the time not only because it starred a female, but also because it was so emotionally honest about all the conflicting feelings many women had in 1976.
    Cathy Guisewite

    In 1976 I wrote a lot about women trying to claim the right to work.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Because the majority of my readers are women, I feel that one public service I can provide to them is to spread the message of regular mammograms and early detection within the strip.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Animal welfare issues have always been important to me.
    Cathy Guisewite

    The specific story line that people have responded to the most has been the horror of bathing suit shopping.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Mothers send strips to daughters to make a point. Daughters smack strips down on the breakfast table to make a point. My own mom sometimes cuts a strip out and sends it to me to make sure I understand her.
    Cathy Guisewite

    The relationship between Cathy and Mom in the strip is the one relationship drawn from real life that I have proudly never even tried to disguise.
    Cathy Guisewite

    I'm lucky that my real-life Mom has both a great sense of humor about herself and an amazing ability to slip into complete denial if the subject matter gets a little too close to home.
    Cathy Guisewite

    The specifics of Cathy?s and my life are different now, but the basic life challenges are exactly the same.
    Cathy Guisewite

    I'm more financially successful, but it just means the shopping blunders I make are bigger now.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Every time I get something under control in my own life, the world provides more material.
    Cathy Guisewite

    Otherwise, my whole career has just been flinging myself at whatever is most overdue first and letting everything else stack up.
    Cathy Guisewite


    ************************************************

    All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
    are understood to be in the public domain.
    If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
    please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment