Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Logical Song

A preacher was completing a temperance sermon; with great expression he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."


With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."


And then finally, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."


He sat down.


The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn # 365: "Shall We Gather at the River."


Todays Pic Dump








1987 - Hilary Duff
1970 - Mira Sorvino
1968 - Naomi Watts
1934 - Brigitte Bardot
1909 - Al Capp

Blast from the past






That was a logical song. Now how about some logical signs...













Today in History


Ted Williams becomes last player to hit .400, 1941
American Revolution
Automotive
Civil War
Cold War
Crime
Disaster
General Interest
Hollywood
Literary
Music
Old West
Presidential
Sports
Vietnam War
World War I
World War II

Todays Quotes




Ted Williams

Hitting is fifty percent above the shoulders.
Ted Williams
If I was being paid thirty-thousand dollars a year, the very least I could do was hit .400.
Ted Williams

I've found that you don't need to wear a necktie if you can hit.
Ted Williams

I hope somebody hits .400 soon. Then people can start pestering that guy with questions about the last guy to hit .400.
Ted Williams
A man has to have goals - for a day, for a lifetime - and that was mine, to have people say, 'There goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter who ever lived.'
Ted Williams



All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com




(Ted Williams becomes last player to hit .400, 1941 )

1 comment:

  1. Love the little girl on the potty and ont he laptop! :)

    ReplyDelete