Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Dogs Welcome"

*********************************************
A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation. 

He wrote: I would very much like to bring my dog with me.  He is well-groomed and very well behaved.  Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"


 An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:


 SIR: "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls.


 I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly.  I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.


Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel.


 And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."


**********************************************

Morning funnies













************************************************

Birthdays on April17th

************************************************
Todays Pic Dump
 














***********************************************

Blast from the Past

**********************************************

Afternoon Funnies
 









*******************************************

This day in History
Lead Story
Apollo 13 returns to Earth, 1970
American Revolution
Colbert launches raid on Fort Carlos, Arkansas, 1783
Automotive
Ford Mustang debuts at World's Fair, 1964
Civil War
Battle of Plymouth, North Carolina, begins, 1864
Cold War
The Bay of Pigs invasion begins, 1961
Crime
A single horsehair uncovers a murderer, 1936
Disaster
Volcanic eruption kills 80,000, 1815
General Interest
Benjamin Franklin dies, 1790
Yugoslavia surrenders, 1941
Architect of Czechoslovakia's Prague Spring resigns, 1969
Hollywood
General Hospital airs 10,000th episode, 2002
Literary
Isak Dinesen is born, 1885
Music
Eddie Cochran dies, and Gene Vincent is injured, in a UK car accident, 1960
Old West
Life of Billy the Kid arrives at Library of Congress, 1882
Presidential
JFK waits for word on the Bay of Pigs invasion, 1961
Sports
Mike Schmidt hits four consecutive homers, 1976
Vietnam War
First antiwar protest of the year is conducted, 1972
Cambodia falls to the Khmer Rouge, 1975
World War I
Second Battle of Gaza, 1917
World War II
The Yugoslav army surrenders, 1941
General Henri Giraud makes his great escape, 1942
Americans seize 1,100 tons of uranium, 1945


**********************************************

All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site are understood to be in the public domain. If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them, please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment