Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DOG FOR SALE



 
A man is driving around the back woods of
Montana, and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house:


'Talking Dog For Sale '
He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The man goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking 
Labrador retriever sitting there.

'You talk?' he asks.
'Yep,' the Lab replies.

After the man recovers from the shock of hearing 
a dog talk, he says
'So, what's your story?'

The Lab looks up and says,
'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young..
I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA.

In no time at all they had me jetting from
country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'

'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight
years running... 
But the jetting around really tired me out, 
and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security,wandering near suspicious characters and
listening in. I uncovered some incredible 
dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.'

'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The man is amazed. He goes back in and asks 
the owner what he wants for the dog.
'Ten dollars,' the man says.

'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on 
earth are you selling him so cheap?' 

'Because he's a liar. He's never been out of the yard'
 ************************************************************
Morning Pic Dump






Looking for a prince can be hard








*************************************************************

Birthdays on May 9th
1949 - Billy Joel
1942 - John Ashcroft
1940 - James L. Brooks
1936 - Albert Finney
1265 - Dante Alighieri




*************************************************************

Todays Pic Dump















  ************************************************************

Blast from the Past







I think I broke something

****************************************************
Afternoon Randomness












**************************************************

Todays Quote
Birthday Boy
Mike Wallace


All I'm armed with is research.
Mike Wallace

As I approach my 88th birthday, it's become apparent to me that my eyes and ears, among other appurtenances, aren't quite what they used to be. The prospect of long flights to wherever in search of whatever are not quite as appealing.
Mike Wallace

But I was never, you know, when I see some kids today who are close to their parents, close to their friends... I think it's simply wonderful. I was not a happy kid. Back in those days, I remember the sick, gray days were better. Because when it was sunny I'd feel worse.
Mike Wallace

Can you imagine the most trusted man in America? Cronkite deserved it too.
Mike Wallace

Covering Richard Nixon's triumphant run in 1968 turned out to be my last major assignment as a general correspondent for CBS News. In September of that year, '60 Minutes' made its debut and I began the best, the most fulfilling job a reporter could imagine.
Mike Wallace

Even a liberal reporter is a patriot, wants the best for this country. And people, your fair and balanced friends at Fox, don't fully understand that.
Mike Wallace

Even though Jack Kennedy and I were about the same age and lived in the same neighborhood and attended the same elementary school, our paths seldom crossed during the years he lived in Brookline. I'm sure that in time, I would have gotten to know him better if he hadn't moved away.
Mike Wallace

I cannot improve on those spoken for many years by a true legend who preceded me at CBS News. He would say, simply, 'good night, and good luck.'
Mike Wallace

I cared enough to read and look at and worry about the questions.
Mike Wallace

I did game shows, I did interview shows, I did talk shows, I did commercials, I did acting. But all of that was a million years ago.
Mike Wallace

I did what I felt that I wanted to do. Fairly selfishly. I didn't know my kids as well as I should have.
Mike Wallace

I don't think I have the face - may have the voice but not the demeanor for an anchor. And I defied it.
Mike Wallace

I even asked Eleanor Roosevelt difficult questions and she loved it.
Mike Wallace

I feel fulfilled when we've revealed a person.
Mike Wallace

I had my hearing aid fixed today so that I could properly hear you. I can't see as well. I now have - this has stopped me from smoking - a pacemaker, have for about the last 15 years. No, I don't like getting old.
Mike Wallace

I have no doubt that what we started has become a plague. Because - and that's a million years ago but we got caught up in the drama more than we caught up in going after the facts.
Mike Wallace

I love the urgency of what we do. I like the battles that take place, the jousting.
Mike Wallace

I met all these important people and did all these stories, but I always had such excellent producers and assistants. I could show up to interview a world leader or a criminal and they would have things so well prepared anyone could have done it. It wasn't about 'me,' it was about 'us.'
Mike Wallace

I never was the story. The story was the story. Period.
Mike Wallace

I read rip-and-read news, but I wasn't a reporter. I was reading the wire, and the other thing was, I was reading commercials - and I could do a hell of a commercial.
Mike Wallace











All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.

If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment