Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Lawyer's Billing #joke #humor


A Lawyer's Billing #joke #humor


A doctor and a lawyer were talking at a party.

Their conversation was constantly interrupted by people describing their ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice.

After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asked the lawyer, "What do you do to stop people from asking you for legal advice when you're out of the office?"

"I give it to them," replied the lawyer, "and then I send them a bill."

The doctor was shocked, but agreed to give it a try.

The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepared the bills.

When he went to place them in his mailbox, he found a bill from the lawyer.

Today's Pic Dump






Cartoon Time







Today in History
    Mata Hari executed, 1917

American Revolution

    British retreat from Middleburgh, 1780

Automotive

    "Funeral coaches" exempted from car-seat law, 2004

Civil War

    Confederate submarine sinks during tests, 1863

Cold War

    Mikhail Gorbachev wins Nobel Peace Prize, 1990

Crime

    A murderous husband is executed, 1948

Disaster

    Hurricane Hazel hits the Carolinas and Ontario, 1954

General Interest

    Vichy leader executed for treason, 1945

    Gretzky breaks scoring record, 1989

    Thomas confirmed to the Supreme Court, 1991

Hollywood

    Drew Carey debuts as new host of The Price is Right, 2007

Literary

    P.G. Wodehouse is born, 1881

Music

    Duke Ellington records his first big hit, "Mood Indigo", 1930

Old West

    Chiricahua Apache leader Victorio is killed south of El Paso, Texas, 1880

Presidential

    Gerald Ford marries Elizabeth Bloomer, 1948

Sports

    Wayne Gretzky breaks NHL points record, 1989

Vietnam War

    First draft card burned, 1965

    Operation Attleboro continues in Tay Ninh Province, 1966

    National Moratorium demonstrations held across the United States, 1969

World War I

    Mata Hari is executed, 1917

World War II

    Herman Goering dies, 1946


Blast from the Past
 
 




Daily Random Facts






More fun Stuff







Today's Quote

But I was so wrapped up in sports growing up as a kid, that I think I was going to grow to be a pro ball player. But I found out real quick that was not going to happen.
Tim McGraw
 
Everyone should have their own opinion and be able to voice it. No matter what it is. Of course, that does not mean your opinion is always right. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
Tim McGraw
 


Five years ago I figured we were at the top of our game and that was the best it was going to get, but with every album it seems to keep on building on itself.
Tim McGraw

I always want to learn but I am sure on my dying day I will feel like I left something in the bucket.

Tim McGraw

I coach my daughter's softball and basketball team. We go to all the school functions. We go out to eat at night and take the kids to the movies. We try to be as normal as we can.

Tim McGraw

I didn't want to play a rancher. I didn't want to have a cowboy hat on; I wanted to get away from that in the things I do. But I read the script and fell in love with it. As hard as I tried to say no, I couldn't.

Tim McGraw

I don't want to make that sound like I'm preaching from a mountain top when I say you have to give your family everything, because I know it's hard for people. I'm lucky to be in a position where you can establish those ground rules and make it that way.

Tim McGraw
I like the values in Flicka, and I wanted to do a movie my kids could see and be proud of.
Tim McGraw
...and last but not least....

I live in a house with four women. Just shut up and say, Yes, ma'am.
Tim McGraw



All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment