Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oil Shortage, according to Garfield


A lot of folks can't understand how we came   to have an oil shortage in our country.
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.

~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.

~~~
We just didn't know we were getting low.

~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.

~~~
Our OIL is located in:

~~~
Alaska
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana

~~~
Coastal Alabama
~~~~
Coastal Mississippi
~~~~
Coastal Texas

~~~
North Dakota
~~~
Wyoming
~~~
Colorado
~~~
Kansas
~~~
Oklahoma
~~~
Pennsylvania
~~~

And Texas
~~~
Our dipsticks are located in DC.
~~~
Any Questions?

No? Didn't think so.





*********************************************

Morning Pic Dump




 






*************************************************

This is how they "git 'r dun" in the Pacific Northwest
 


************************************************
Birthdays on July 10th

1947 - Arlo Guthrie
1943 - Arthur Ashe
1920 - David Brinkley
1914 - Saul Bellow
1871 - Marcel Proust


**********************************************

Todays Pic Dump








A Female Deer......





************************************************

Blast from the Past

 




***********************************************

Afternoon Funnies











*********************************************

Todays Quote

Birthday Girl
Fiona Shaw

 
A lot of Irish people perform. They perform in drawing rooms. They sing songs and they play piano.
Fiona Shaw

A relationship is sent by God and accident.
Fiona Shaw

Acting doesn't have to be threadbare misery all the time.
Fiona Shaw

Also, an area that interests me - and it will probably take years to state what I mean - is the period of the rise of democracy, with Tom Paine, which is around the turn of the 18th century into the 19th.
Fiona Shaw

And by endlessly sanitizing our feelings, we actually feed a disgruntled nation.
Fiona Shaw

Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy.
Fiona Shaw

Every generation is obsessed with the decade before they were born.
Fiona Shaw

Honestly, I get more recognized for 'Three Men and a Little Lady' than 'Harry Potter'.
Fiona Shaw

I can hardly decide what plays I should be in.
Fiona Shaw

I certainly had no intention of playing a man.
Fiona Shaw


I enjoy making films, but my heart is in the stage. Every night you have to be on. There's no second take.
Fiona Shaw

I find it incredibly tedious, hate that it murders itself with its own conservative pomposity.
Fiona Shaw

I had a ball doing Harry Potter.
Fiona Shaw

I just think that things should be allowed to run their course, and not turned into a Disney ride.
Fiona Shaw

I loathe bad theater and most theatre is very bad because it's repetitious, unexciting and, dangerously, it is sometimes praised for those things.
Fiona Shaw

I once saw my mother playing Mary Magdalene in a parish event. But she had to put the role aside in order to go and front the choir who were singing at the same occasion. She left the stage halfway through the Crucifixion.
Fiona Shaw

I take the theater seriously in that I loathe it, I'm bored by it.
Fiona Shaw

I think America becomes more disgruntled by going to the movies and having an endlessly good time at them.
Fiona Shaw

I would love to write the story of my upbringing in Ireland.
Fiona Shaw

I would say the next imminent hot writers are often the writers from the decade before you were born.
Fiona Shaw



***********************************************

Left Overs




All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment