Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Pastor's Visit

A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote: "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message: "Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."

Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid, for I was naked."





***********************************************

Morning Pic Dump












**********************************************

Birthdays on July 12th

***********************************************

Todays Pic Dump









 **********************************************
Blast from the Past



**********************************************

Afternoon Funnies












***********************************************

Todays Quote

Birthday Girl
Kristi Yamaguchi

As a professional, I think we're not being judged solely on technical ability anymore. People really want to be entertained and enjoy what they're watching.
Kristi Yamaguchi

As a teenager especially, I just wanted to do my thing and not be noticed.
Kristi Yamaguchi

At 6 years old, the ice became a place for me to express myself. Because I was so shy off the ice, it became my safe haven, with music and freedom and self-expression. That was my emotional outlet.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Before turning pro, I would never have just left my skates sitting in the locker room unattended.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Being an athlete, you know how to train and prepare your body for a performance and you're able to do it under pressure.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Childhood reading is so important.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Dorothy Hamill was my big idol as a kid. She'd won the Olympics in 1976. She was America's sweetheart with her personality, her talent, her haircut.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Figure skaters have awful perceptions of hockey players.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Growing up as an athlete, I started skating very young. My parents didn't know anything about the sport, so they went with the flow. I had two great coaches who gave great advice and gave guidelines for my parents. My parents let the coaches dictate what was going on on the ice.
Kristi Yamaguchi

Having achieved my own dreams, I want to give to kids who are less fortunate, who struggle with everyday obstacles. I want to give them something positive in their lives: support.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I always try to start out with some type of goal. Then I work backward and think of what I need to do to get there, and give myself smaller goals that are more immediate.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I burnt myself out of skating. I was ready to focus on being a mom.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I didn't want to skate for someone else or for certain marks.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I don't know how many people really knew who I was before the Olympics and that's the fun thing of the Olympics - you get to know someone who captures your heart, hopefully.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I don't mind the sparkle - I think it's kind of a tradition in skating. I don't think the men really need sparkles, but for the women it's part of the glamour of our sport.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I learned to put 100 percent into what you're doing. I learned about setting goals for yourself, knowing where you want to be and taking small steps toward those goals. I learned about adversity and how to get past it.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I never wanted to feel I hadn't worked hard enough.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I'd try to channel my nervous energy in a positive way into strength and endurance. It didn't always work.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I'm a perfectionist.
Kristi Yamaguchi

I'm always looking for inspiring ways to stay motivated and stay active.
Kristi Yamaguchi


*******************************************

Left Overs








All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment