Wednesday, January 25, 2012

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930s, '40s, '50s, '60s and '70s!!

No matter what our kids and the new generation think about us,
~~~~~~~~~
TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE
1930s, '40s, '50s,
'60s and '70s!!
First, we survived
Being born to mothers who may have smoked and/or drank
While they were
Pregnant.
They took aspirin,
Ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.
Then, after that
Trauma, we were
Put to sleep
On our tummies
In baby cribs
Covered
With bright colored
Lead-based paints.
We had no
Childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets,
And, when we
Rode our bikes,
We had baseball
Caps,
Not helmets, on
Our heads.
As infants and
Children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts,
No air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes..
Riding in the
Back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.
We drank water
From the garden hose and not from a bottle.
We shared one
Soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.
We ate cupcakes,
White bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar.
And we weren't overweight.
WHY?
***************************************************
 Pic Dump

 

















*************************************************
Birthdays on January 25th
1981 - Alicia Keys
1938 - Etta James
1919 - Edwin Newman
1900 - Theodosius Dobzhansky
1882 - Virginia Woolf
********************************************
Cartoons and Stuff








********************************************************************
Blast from the past
 




************************************************

More funny stuff

















***********************************************

Todays Quote
1 - 2



A lot of times I watch TV and I watch film and there's so many things I'd love to talk about that I feel don't get the opportunity to be shown. Sometimes things become very stereotypical and one-sided, and I feel like it's such a colorful world.
Alicia Keys

A Minor is one of my all-time favorite keys to play in. It's a very moody key, and also 'A' is the first letter of my name. It just represents the songs through my eyes.
Alicia Keys

Adam Levine and I remade the Rolling Stones' classic Wild Horses, and it is right up my alley, that whole style. It has a style of its own but still stays very true to the classic arrangement, and I love it.
Alicia Keys

And I love kick boxing. It's a lot of fun. It gives you a lot of confidence when you can kick somebody in the head.
Alicia Keys

But when I first fell in love with the piano, I knew it was me. I was dying to play.
Alicia Keys

I believe Aids is the most important issue we face, because how we treat the poor is a reflection of who we are as a people.
Alicia Keys

I feel like B sides are always better, no matter whose record it is.
Alicia Keys

I lived with my mom in a really small apartment. My bedroom was like in the living room. That's why I still love to sleep on couches now.
Alicia Keys

I love my own music.
Alicia Keys

I love the written word so much, I know it's gonna flow naturally.
Alicia Keys


I promised myself that I'd never actually admit to listening to New Kids on the Block.
Alicia Keys

I really like to live my life in a low-key fashion.
Alicia Keys

I see what happens when one gets very attached to material things. That's just not what my life is.
Alicia Keys

I would hate to make music and people love me for something that isn't me.
Alicia Keys

I'd rather not have anything than be a liar.
Alicia Keys

I'm a very caring person.
Alicia Keys

I'm not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I'm thick, t like my body.
Alicia Keys

I'm very happy with my body.
Alicia Keys

I've always been strong-minded, but I wonder.
Alicia Keys

If I didn't love it, I would not record it.
Alicia Keys



All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment