Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Little Latin For Everyday Use

This is a compilation of all those sites online of handy, useful, (and above all) contemporary Latin phrases. Enjoy!
Ad eundum quo nemo ante it.
To boldly go where no man has gone before.


Age. Fac ut gaudeam.
Go ahead. Make my day.

Alanis horribulus.
That singer has too damn many personal issues.

Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.
Yes, that is a very large amount of corn.

(At a barbeque)
Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?
Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
Let’s all wear mood rings!

Aquaductus non diuresis!
Don’t pee in the pool!

Atque memento, nulli adsunt Romanorum qui locutionem tuam corrigant.
And remember, there aren’t any Romans around to correct your pronunciation.

Auda similarum ad seattles.
They all sound just like Pearl Jam.

Aut discere aut disce.
Either learn or leave.

********************************************************
 Morning Pic Dump






 *****************************************************
Birthdays on April 10th

1984 - Mandy Moore
1951 - Steven Seagal
1941 - Paul Theroux
1932 - Omar Sharif
1847 - Joseph Pulitzer


 ******************************************************
Todays Pic Dump








 **************************************************
Blast from the Past
 

*******************************************************************************

Todays Quote
Birthday Girl
Mandy Moore
Because I'm in an adult world and I'm really working, my age is just a number. It's not really who I am.
Mandy Moore

Having this other career in music made me work harder as an actress. It's made me more professional.
Mandy Moore

Hope is the most exciting thing there is in life.
Mandy Moore

I am not going to talk about my personal life anymore. You have to learn that lesson sometime.
Mandy Moore

I do think it's possible to change for the better.
Mandy Moore

I don't want to take fame for granted because that is when you start to think you are better than everyone else. That is when you start thinking that you are someone that you are not.
Mandy Moore

I have ambitions to do a Broadway record one of these days and get in the studio with like, a real orchestra. I'm a big musical theatre geek.
Mandy Moore

I just don't want to be known as the actress who can sing. I want to be known as the singer who can act, too. It's great cross-promotion.
Mandy Moore

I want to be in New York. It's the place to be.
Mandy Moore

I want to go to college to study journalism. I want to speak French fluently, to travel. My mom was a journalist and it's in my blood.
Mandy Moore

I went to Catholic high school for half a year and religion wasn't the cool thing to talk about even at a catholic high school. It never came up.
Mandy Moore

It feels important to go school; not necessarily to further my education, but more like a hobby.
Mandy Moore

It's a lot more fun to play the bitch than it is to play the perfect girl 'cause everybody has a bad side inside of them.
Mandy Moore

Love is like nothing else on this earth, but only when it is shared with someone wonderful like you.
Mandy Moore

Music is my first love.
Mandy Moore

The actual producing, mixing, and mastering is hard work, harder than what I do.
Mandy Moore


All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site
are understood to be in the public domain.
If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them,
please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment