Friday, November 16, 2012

Farmers Joes Accident

Farmer Joe decided his injuries from the accident were serious enough to take the trucking company (responsible for the accident) to court. In court the trucking companies fancy lawyer was questioning farmer Joe. "Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'?" said the lawyer.

Farmer Joe responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie into the......."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'"

Farmer Joe said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road..."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."
By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Farmer Joe's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule Bessie."

Joe thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well, as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at me. He said, "Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her - how are you feeling?"


 *********************************************

Morning Pic Dump












 *********************************************

Birthdays on November 16th
 1967 - Lisa Bonet
1922 - Jose Saramago
1938 - Robert Nozick
1964 - Diana Krall
1977 - Maggie Gyllenhaal


***********************************************

Todays Pic Dump











************************************************

 Blast from the Past

  

********************************************** 

Afternoon Funnies












**********************************************

Today in History


Pizarro traps Incan emperor Atahualpa, 1532
American Revolution
Fort Washington Is Captured, 1776
Automotive
Riker Torpedo Racer sets the world speed record for electric cars, 1901
Civil War
Rebels fail to defeat Yankees at the Battle of Campbell Station, 1863
Cold War
German scientists brought to United States to work on rocket technology, 1945
Crime
Ed Gein kills final victim Bernice Worden, 1957
Disaster
Construction begins on deadly bonfire, 1999
General Interest
Hessians capture Fort Washington, 1776
Oklahoma enters the Union, 1907
Benazir Bhutto elected leader of Pakistan, 1988
Hollywood
First Harry Potter film opens, 2001
Literary
Fyodor Dostoevsky is sentenced to death, 1849
Music
The Sound of Music premieres on Broadway, 1959
Old West
Becknell opens trade on the Santa Fe Trail, 1821
Presidential
Nixon supports construction of the Alaskan oil pipeline, 1973
Sports
Notre Dame ends Oklahoma record winning streak, 1957
Vietnam War
Kennedy decides to increase military aid to Saigon, 1961
Ky defends South Vietnamese operations in Cambodia, 1970
U.S. provides support to beleaguered Cambodians, 1971
World War I
New Fatherland League launched in Germany, 1914
World War II
Goebbels publishes his screed of hate, 1941



  All posts, jokes, stories, cartoons, photos and videos on this site are understood to be in the public domain. If you hold the copyright to any of them and would like me to remove them, please contact me at papacase77@gmail.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment